If you are worried about an active warrant issued against you in the past, it is highly recommended that you stay away from state agencies and try to get an arrest warrant search done in Barnwell County, SC, as soon as possible. This will help you to find out if a warrant was indeed signed in your name.
However, it would be a grave folly to walk into the police station or even the county clerk’s office to conduct such an inquiry. Arrest records and information on outstanding warrants are also available online. However, the data comes from private sources, so you need not be concerned about being detained.
On the other hand, the safest way to find out about Barnwell County active warrants and arrests from the judiciary or law enforcement is to send your attorney to conduct the inquiry on your behalf. A lawyer will be able to get in-depth information on the matter, including the charges being filed against you.
Remember that arrest warrants are not always issued when people commit a criminal transgression. Although rare, sometimes these orders for arrests also get issued due to mistaken identities. So, it would be best to get yourself legal representation when handling these directives.
How do you obtain details on Barnwell arrests and warrants over the phone in 2021?
- The sheriff’s: PO Box 384, Barnwell, South Carolina 29812. Phone no: (803) 541-1052- This is the phone number of the Administration Office. So, the officers of this division can help you find arrest records and information on active warrants. At the least, they will tell you about the procedure you have to follow to get your hands on this data.
- The Detention Center: 318 Calhoun Street, Barnwell, SC 29812-0723. Phone no: 803-541-1102. Because you are essentially visiting/calling the county jail, you can only get information on recent arrests and bond for release from this source.
- The County Attorney: P.O. Box 1832, Barnwell, SC 29812-1832. Phone no: 803-259-4964. This Office will not accept inquiries from everybody. Only if you are the victim of a crime or a witness in a criminal case will you get help from this agency.
- The magistrate’s: 141 Main St, Barnwell, SC 29812. Phone no: (803) 541-1035. Although the magistrate’s court is in charge of issuing most detention and search-related judicial orders, they seldom accept warrant search inquiries directly. However, you can approach them to know more about a recent criminal matter heard by the magistrate.
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 723, Barnwell, South Carolina 29812-0723. Phone no: 803-541-1020. If you are looking for judicial dirt on your subject (both criminal and non-criminal), this is the agency to connect with.
Barnwell County crime data!
Over 1100 criminal complaints were filed in Barnwell County in 2019. Compared to 2018, half the crime categories showed a moderate decrease in incident rates while the other half showed a significant increase.
Among the crime types that gave cause for concern were sexual battery complaints that more than doubled and instances of aggravated assault, which increased by over 10%. IN terms of property crimes, motor vehicle thefts clocked in the highest growth, with an increase of 100%.
Approximately 6600 crimes were committed in Barnwell County, South Carolina, from 1999 to 2008. Fortunately, not all of these were rapes and homicides which numbered
at 40 and 9 cases respectively. Almost 80% of the criminal matters were property-related, while the remaining were violent crimes. Annually, an average of 940 criminal cases are reported in the area.