Dorchester County court records
Dorhester County warrant searches and criminal background searches.
How do you get information on Dorchester warrants and arrest records over the phone? (2021)
If your goal is to find out about the arrest warrants in the name of a person that you suspect, you may get some help over the phone. In the sense that they will either tell you that there is indeed an arrest order against this individual or will simply proceed to arrest him.
However, if you are interested in a detailed criminal history report, that’s not something that you get served over the phone. In any case, here is what’s on offer from various state agencies:
- Brief information about outstanding warrants from the police- For this and to give a tip about a most wanted suspect, call on 843-832-0300 or 843-563-0259.
- Details on a person who is currently held in the Dorchester County Jail- For this and information pertaining to bail bond, call on 843-832-0215 (Summerville) or 843-832-0267 (St. George).
- Data on a prisoner serving time in a state penitentiary- For this and information pertaining to release on parole, call on 803-896-8500.
- Registering for the Automatic Victim Notification System: For this call on 1-866-727-2846. If you need other information about the perpetrator of a crime, call on 803-896-1733.
- Judicial records- For this and to find out about court dates, call the Clerk of Court on 843-563-0160.
Crime statistics for Dorchester County, SC
On the whole, the drop in the rate of violent crimes in Dorchester County in 2019 was a positive sign. But the fact that the decrease was in single digits and that the rate of aggravated assault increased from less than 380 to nearly 400 is enough to make you sit up and take notice.
Fortunately, the rate of property crimes followed the plunging trend and recorded a drop of almost 8%, going down from 3783 to 3650.