Union County SC Warrants and Arrest Records Search

South Carolina Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your South Carolina criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age
Arrest warrants in Union County, SC, are issued through the Magistrate Courts. The Magistrate Court judges take sworn testimony from law enforcement officers or review sworn complaints by individuals to determine if probable cause exists to issue an active warrant. Although an officer may arrest someone without a warrant, it is preferred that the officer swear out a warrant before arresting unless taking time to get a warrant may endanger the public or result in losing the suspect. To perform a warrant search in Union County, one should begin with the court system.

Union County, SC courts and case records

The quickest way to begin searching for criminal records in Union County is through the Public Index for the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit. This resource is available to the public online free of charge and provides information about criminal and civil cases filed within Union County. It covers both the Magistrate Court (that issues most arrest warrants) and the Circuit Court. Most criminal cases originate from the Magistrate Court, with some being transferred to the Circuit Court. Therefore, you should search by courts to make sure you find all cases about an individual. For additional information about cases, you should contact the Clerk of Court for Union County or the Magistrate Court handling the case.

Outstanding warrants and arrest records for Union County

The Sheriff’s Office for Union County maintains records for all arrests made by county officers. Besides, the Sheriff’s Office will have a list of all outstanding warrants that have not been executed within the county. You can view a list of the county’s Most Wanted individuals by visiting the Sheriff’s website and following the link provided on the page.

Union County, SC crime data

From 2002 to 2008, there are approximately 6,800 crimes reported in Union County, including about 1,400 violent crimes. Theft-related crimes made up most crimes reported during this time, with only 10 murders, 50 rapes, and 69 cases of arson being reported.