Chesterfield County SC Arrest Warrants Search

South Carolina Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your South Carolina criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age
A police officer may arrest you without a warrant in South Carolina if he witnesses you committing a crime. However, if the offense is a felony and the officer has probable cause to believe you committed the crime, he does not have to witness the crime to arrest you without a warrant. An officer should swear out a warrant before arresting unless there is a reason obtaining a warrant could result in the suspect getting away or becoming a danger to other individuals. To search for arrest records, outstanding warrants, and criminal cases in Chesterfield County, you can search court records and contact the Sheriff’s Office.

Chesterfield County court cases and criminal records

The Fourth Judicial Circuit’s Public Index contains information about open and closed court cases filed in Chesterfield County. To find a case, you can search by name and narrow the results by choosing a specific court, case type, or action type. Once you find a case, you can get more information and copies of court records by contacting the Magistrate Court or Clerk of Court.

Active warrants and criminal history reports

The best source for information about active warrants yet to be served is the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office maintains arrest records and can perform criminal history backgrounds. Through the Sheriff’s website, you can access a record of the most wanted fugitives in Chesterfield County.

How do you access Chesterfield warrants and arrest records over the phone? (2021)

All information pertaining to criminal matters is considered sensitive. Yet, some of it is freely released in the public domain by the local judiciary and the Sheriff’s Office. So, if you can make do with a limited amount of information, you can call these offices on:

  • Local Law Enforcement: They may help you with some information pertaining to active warrants over the phone. Call them on (843)623-2101 for a warrants-specific inquiry.
  • The Detention Center: After arrests, all detainees are processed at this facility. So to find out about recently arrested individuals (arrests made in the last 12 hours), you can get in touch with them on (843)623-3385.
  • Circuit 4 Solicitor’s Office: Victims of crime can call the Solicitor’s Office for information about their case. Also, this agency handles criminal offense expungement requests. For more details on these matters and court dates, call on (843) 897-1107.
  • The magistrate’s Court: You can also get in touch with the Magistrate’s court for a warrant search. Call the judicial agency’s Central Office on 843-623-3431. For bond-related information, call the Bond Court on 843-623-226 and for information on the criminal and domestic violence cases being handled by the Magistrate’s Court use the phone number (843) 623-9009.
  • The Clerk of Court: For a case search, this is the best agency. However, unless a matter is scheduled to come up for hearing in a few days, you will not get information about it over the phone. Having said that, calling the agency on (843) 623-2574 would still be worth your time because they will guide you on how to get the information you need for free or for a nominal fee.

Chesterfield County, SC crime data

Although there was a marked reduction in the occurrence rates of certain crime types in 2019, the overall image looked bleak for Chesterfield County. Property crimes increased from 1372 cases to over 1400 complaints. But, things were worse in terms of violent crimes, which spiked at 249 complaints, showing a rise of nearly 25% from 2018.

From 1999 to 2008, crime rates in Chesterfield County rose by nearly seventy percent. Violent crimes increased by over eighty percent during this time, even though the bulk of crimes committed were still non-violent in nature. By far, most crimes committed in Chesterfield County were related to theft and burglary, with only 16 murders being committed during the 10-year period.