Before you walk into the local police station with your hands held out to be arrested, fearing an active warrant in your name, it would help to get an arrest warrant search done in Fairfield County, SC. This way, you will know if the police did ever seek an order for your arrest. However, it would be unwise to venture out on a quest to find this information on your own.
While several state agencies offer information about arrest records and active warrants, they are certainly not too keen on divulging this data to people with a criminal past. In fact, you are sure to get arrested if you try such a thing. Instead, it would make more sense to look for details on arrests and outstanding warrants from Fairfield County online.
To do this, you can use the form on top of this page. Filling it with the required information will get you access to a nationwide database of criminal history. If you seek details on third parties, you can easily approach a state department. Three of the agencies that you can visit are listed below:
- The Police: 400 W Washington St, Winnsboro, South Carolina 29180
- The court: 115 S Congress St, Winnsboro, SC 29180
- The clerk of court: PO Drawer 299, Winnsboro, South Carolina 29180
Of these state offices, the county clerk can provide details on civil and criminal cases because they are the holders of the court dockets database. The sheriff’s office will be able to offer the most extensive information when it comes to criminal matters; this includes a list of the county’s most wanted. Finally, the magistrate’s court can furnish details on the release of other judicial directives apart from arrest warrants.
How do you get details on Fairfield warrants and arrests over the phone (2021)?
Don’t expect an in-depth report in response to your inquiries, unless you are willing to visit the Sheriff’s Office or a Judicial Department in person. Having said that, take a look at what a phone call to various state agencies will accomplish:
- You can approach the Sheriff’s Office to learn about the warrants against a person. Phone number- 803-635-4141
- You can contact the Fairfield Detention Center to find out about recent arrests and detainees who have subsequently been released on bail and even to know about the amount of bail required to free an inmate. Phone number- 803-635-4841
- You can call the Clerk of Court for limited information on criminal and bench warrants. Phone number- 803-712-6526
- You can call the Office of the Magistrate for dates and dispositions of preliminary hearings and possibly some details on the issue of arrest warrants. Phone number- 803-635-5717 or 1 803-635-4525 ( Court Administrator)
Crime statistics for Fairfield County, SC!
The increase of almost 20% in the violent crime rate of Fairfield County in 2019, certainly presented cause for worry for the residents of Fairfield County. This crime category includes such incidents as aggravated assault, sexual battery, and homicide.
To add to the woes of the residents, the rate of property crimes also increased by nearly 7%. Among the various crime categories, aggravated assault and larceny showed the greatest increase.
Between 2002 and 2008, an estimated 6500 criminal complaints were filed with the police of Fairfield County, South Carolina. Of these cases, nearly 1500 were violent crimes. This puts the annual average of these crime categories at 930 and 200, respectively.